Monday, November 3, 2014

Finished Object: Eole for Girls Cardigan

Earlier this summer, we visited Guthrie, Ok and made a stop at the local yarn shop, Sealed With a Kiss.


They were having a sale.


This tub was filled with knitted samples, all discounted. Some gorgeous stuff in there. Can I climb in?


The bench outside the shop.


I got to browse the shop while he kept the little one occupied.


I found some discontinued yarn that was 70% off, so I bought a toddler's sweater's worth, and a sweater's worth for me. It's 100% wool, 8ply, DK weight. This should be a hard-wearing wool that won't pill easily. The only downside of buying a discontinued yarn is that if I run out, it will be really hard to find more. I bought all the remaining Lilac and Grey balls that they had left.


Four months later, I cast on the Eole for Girls cardigan.


It has the cleverest design; I love the unique increases on the sleeves, with its windmill pattern.


The sweater is finished with an I-cord bind-off around the entire edging. It took some fiddling with a lot of different needles, but I managed it.


Here it is finished and blocking.


And on my happy little model.








1 comment:

  1. That is such a cute pattern and it looks perfect with the rest of her outfit! What pattern will you use for yours?

    ReplyDelete