Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Fraternal Socks

This week I finished my pair of How I Make My Socks by Susan B. Anderson. Most of the knitting was done while the little one napped.


If you look closely, you can tell that the gussets on each sock are slightly different. I suppose this is because I had put them away for so long, and when I picked them back up, I didn't bother checking the pattern.


I followed the toe decrease directions for the gusset, so it ended up being about half as long as the gusset on the first sock. Can you tell the difference?


It didn't seem to affect the fit at all, in fact, I kind of liked the fit of the "mistake sock" as it seemed a bit more snug around the ankle.

Celestial Colors colorway

What do you think? Have you ever made a "mistake," only to be pleasantly surprised by the results?

Let me know in the comments below.

Happy knitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment