I'm excited to share the charm I created for the very first month of The Nome Knitter's charm of the month club. The Little Mermaid Cupcake!
This charm was inspired by a classic tale from Hans Christian Anderson. Written in 1836, it is a bittersweet tale of a mermaid longing to be human for just one day.
Inspiration was also derived from the Disney character Ariel, from the 1989 film adaptation which portrayed a much happier ending for the sea princess than the original story.
Here is a link to Anderson's original tale:
Spots for June's club shipment will be open until May 15.
Just a few reminders about the club:
- Open only to ship within the United States at this time.
- Sign up during May 1 - May 15 to receive June's charm. You will be charged every month thereafter based on the date you signed up.
- Cancel or suspend your subscription anytime from your PayPal account; I've also provided a button on this blog page for your convenience.
- You can also choose to skip shipments, just be sure to do so before your monthly payment has processed.
- Club price is $20 which includes shipping and handling.
I am not using Etsy as a platform for this club for a couple of reasons. First, I wanted the ease of being able to sign up for recurring payments, and Etsy does not offer this option. I feel this works better for those who don't want to pay for 3-6 months worth of club shipments in one payment. It also takes away the frustration of being cart-jacked, etc. Also, because I'm not paying fees to Etsy, I'm able to offer the club at a lower price point.
Please let me know if you have any questions! This system is new to me as well, so I admit I am also on a learning curve. If I don't know the answer to your question, I will be sure to figure it out.
Did you receive a Little Mermaid Cupcake? Please let me know in the comments below if you did and what other fairy tales and characters you'd love to see in cupcake form.